Top Ten Tuesday is brought to us by The Broke and the Bookish.
TOP TEN TRENDS I'D LIKE TO SEE MORE OR LESS OF
I'd like to see more...
1. Contemporary lit - I don't always want to be a vampire-loving faerie queen caught in a war with angels and trapped in a utilitarian compound.
2. Verse novels - You know, books like Lisa Schroeder's. Verse. Poetry.
3. Older characters - I don't understand why setting a story in college is so taboo and unheard of.
4. Horror stories - I don't always want an overly cheery or depressing read. I like a good thriller.
5. Male MCs - I can't stress enough how much I love reading a male POV or having male main characters. Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I don't want to read about guys.
I'd like to see less...
6. Faeries - Don't get me wrong, I loooove stories about fey. (Iron Fey & Wicked Lovely series, anyone?) But I've seen some others surfacing, and they seem to mimic one another.
7. Mythology - The ideas all seem really cool and interesting, but the executions have been less than stellar.
8. Dystopian - I've read the Hunger Games and tried Possession. It's just not for me.
9. Historical romances - Not my thing.
10. Series - Why can't a story wrap up in just one book anymore? I don't want to have to invest all of my money in like twelve sequels.