August 29, 2011

Bout of Books read-a-thon: End!


------------------------------------------------- 
I made it! I read right up until the finish time (okay, a little past that), but I made it. Bout of Books was just what I needed before heading to school; it gave me the chance to step up my game and read as much as possible, since I know I won't have the time once classes begin. Of course, what's a read-a-thon without the interruption of a hurricane? Yep - I sat through the hurricane. (With my electricity intact - when does that ever happen?) Granted, prepping for the hurricane and being swept up in all of its drama set me back a bit. So, let's see how I did.
-------------------------------------------------

MY GOALS:

1. Finish my TBR pile. (*I didn't even touch it.)
2. Try something new. (New genre?)
3. Read something recommended.

UPDATES:

8/22
Number of books I’ve read today: 1.
Total number of books I’ve read: 1.

8/23
Number of books I’ve read today: .5
Total number of books I’ve read: 1.

8/24
Number of books I’ve read today: .75
Total number of books I’ve read: 1.

8/25
Number of books I’ve read today: 1.
Total number of books I’ve read: 2.

8/26
Number of books I’ve read today: .5
Total number of books I’ve read: 2.

8/27
Number of books I’ve read today: .75
Total number of books I’ve read: 2.

8/28
Number of books I’ve read today: 2.
Total number of books I’ve read: 4.

-------------------------------------------------

Four total books:

The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan.
Had it for a while. Love all of his stuff. Loved this one too.

On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta.
This was the #1 recommended book. I've read Marchetta in the past, but was hesitant about this one because it's not so much "my thing." Which is why I've counted this as my "something new." The lingo is strange at times, and the plot, I discovered, isn't one I would normally be drawn to. And yet, it's beautiful. Really, you should read this ASAP.

The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder.
I LOVE all of her books, which are verse novels, if you didn't know. They're beautiful, too.

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson. 
Okay. So maybe I haven't quite finished this one yet. I'm still counting it! It will be finished today. It was also another one recommended to me. So far, so good.

-------------------------------------------------

All in all, I could've done much better. I blame my headaches and the hurricane. (Ever try to read an e-book with a headache? My advice: DON'T.)

But no worries! This just means I'll push myself to do even better during my next read-a-thon. HUGE thanks to Amanda @ On a Book Bender for hosting and listening to me whine about my reading troubles.

3 comments:

  1. hahaha. No problem. I'm here to listen to whine. ;) Also, I'm glad that you survived the hurricane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems to me like you did a pretty decent job. Congrats on meeting your goals. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you read On the Jellicoe Road! It's an incredible and underrated book - fabulous books that you got through, Alissa - quite an accomplishment! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...