September 25, 2011

I saw Sarah Dessen! + other excitement.

Do you see this?! That would be the autograph of the one and only Sarah Dessen. I stood in line for a little over an hour for this signature. Was it worth it? Heck yes! Not only did I get to watch her Q&A session, but I also MET her. We talked about the weather. Sounds funny, but it was still an amazing minute or so. (DC felt like it was 80 degrees, and the humidity was so bad that you just felt sticky and disgusting ALL DAY.) I also managed to get my picture taken with her, but I refuse to post it publicly because I look like I'm drowning in the humidity, and my hair was super frizzy at that point. But if it wasn't already apparent, I was, and still am, totally excited about it! It was also my first author signing, so that made it even more special.

But really, it was fabulous. The National Book Festival in DC was jampacked with tons of book lovers, cool posters, book sales, book bags, and so much more.

The bonus? Toni Morrison's signing tent was directly next to Dessen's, so I got to see her, too! Talk about amazing.

In other fabulous news...

I GOT MY POTTERMORE EMAIL!

Oh, how long I waited for you, Pottermore!

But seriously. I've been waiting forever. Since before summer ended. And now that I have it.... I got sorted into Ravenclaw. Needless to say, I'm a bit disappointed, but certainly not surprised. I have no doubt that if, in fact, Hogwarts were real, I'd be sorted into Ravenclaw. It's just that my heart will always belong to Slytherin (and Draco).

Other than that, it's super cool! A bit less interactive than I pegged it to be, but who knows? Maybe it'll shape up.

Are you on Pottermore yet? We should be friends!

--------------

* Sorry for the lack of updates around here! As you can see, I'm very, very busy procrastinating on schoolwork. And when I'm not procrastinating, well... I've got a lot of schoolwork! I'm trying to read in the meantime, but I'm afraid it's going a bit slowly. But I'm still here, I promise!

7 comments:

  1. You met Sarah Dessen!!! I'm so jealous. She is one of my favorite authors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!! So lucky! That must have been amazing. :)
    I loved Truth about Forever too.

    Yay, Pottermore! I wish I'd been sorted into Ravenclaw, but I'm a Slytherin. :) Add me? I'm QueenBlade198.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Tina: Request sent! And it definitely was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You met Sarah? Soo jealous! I love her so much, it really must have been awesome! :P And also jealous you got sorted into Ravenclaw, I really wanted to be in that house! I (somehow) got Gryffindor instead :/. Oh well. I'm HazelFlame174 if you wanna add me :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. So jealous but how exciting :D for both meeting Sarah Dessen and getting Pottermore email :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! I'm on Pottermore now. Okay, the page won't load right now but the fact is that I got the email, right? I'm ErisedHeart63 :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. fellow ravenclaw add me too i'm AurorScarlet151 :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...