March 11, 2011

TGIF!



TGIF is brought to us by Ginger at GReads!

It's a way for bloggers to celebrate the end of the week with a nice re-cap of their weekly posts and to answer a random question.



Book Mourning: does this happen to you?

When you finish an amazing book, do you find yourself at a loss to pick up another one? What was the last book that left you feeling so bewildered? & what did you do to overcome it?

Of course it happens to me! I've experienced many, many reading blocks.  Usually after reading any of Sarah Dessen's novels, which are some of the most perfect contemporary YA novels for my reading tastes, I have a difficult time getting into other contemporaries.  They never seem as insightful or real as Dessen's works. 

-----------------------------------------------


Book Blogger Hop & Follow Friday
Waiting on Wednesday
REVIEW: Bloodthirsty by Flynn Meaney

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great question this week. I always peek at other people's book piles at the checkout link at B&N. That doesn't make me a voyeur, does it?

    The exhibitionist in me has posted my own bookstore shopping list -- and it's not as predictable as you may think!

    Hop on over to my blog for all the suspense and chills of my TBR list - http://www.howardsherman.net

    Happy Hop Friday!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. what funny timing, this just happened to me! On sunday I finished Patrick Rothfuss's Wise Man's Fear. It is just truly, and incredible, amazing read. I knew anything I picked up after was going to pale in comparison, so I purposely picked up something that I knew was going to be mediocre.

    When my brain needs a break, and I can't bring myself to pick up another novel, I usually just read some magazines for a few days, and then I'm ready for some fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you like Sarah Dessen, you should check out Jennifer Echols. She's one of my fav YA contemp authors.

    Thanks for joining in this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Sarah Dessen and I really need to read more of her books!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...